Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Valentine's Day and Math Class

Today is Valentine's Day and I'm giving an Integer Test. Trust me, I have taken no small amount of flack for this from my classes. They have not yet realized that my gift to them is not having homework today and not having to study for a test tonight.

My gift to myself, was not having to teach a new lesson on what is a highly charged atmoshpere here at the junior high. I have learned this lesson long ago. I no longer make those rookie mistakes. Valentine's Day is an emotional day for some of my kids. They will behave and do what is expected, but today, their thoughts are elsewhere. If I give them time to choose between their thoughts and listening to me, well, I would lose.

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home